Step into the living classroom. We are in the process of turning our headquarters into an Green Intstitute. Join us with your skills in sustainable homesteads, agriculture and agribusiness sites, ecological restoration and community service projects. This is our most culturally engaging and hands-on program, empowering sustainable design sensibility and entrepreneurship. Work-study positions are offered year round with a length of 3 months (longer internships are also available). You must be available to commit a minimum of three months (room and board provided) to focus on goal-oriented projects for an average of thirty hours per week. Additionally, we strongly encourage alumni to come back as counselors, so sign up!
Arriving Airport: Liberia, Costa Rica
Culture: Latin Americas most highly educated and healthy population fully supportive of native English speakers.
Program Style: Well fed, comfortably housing with service learning.
Physical Level: High
Duration: 3 Months
Program Fee: Starting at a negotiable price based on your work-study project
- Tours and hands on access to billions of dollars worth of Costa Rica’s commercial scale Hydro, Wind, Biomass, Geothermal and Solar electricity plants serving CR’s 90% renewable national electric grid serving almost 5,000,000 citizens.
- Additional visits to Biofuel production facility’s, off grid homes and sustainable food related projects.
- Participation in an impactful community service project at a Costa Rican Ministry of Education facility (900,000+ enrolled students as of 2014 or almost ¼ of the population)
- Post Program Letters of Recommendation.
- We will work with you to get credit if needed.
- All the famous Adventure Excursions of Costa Rica (Zip lines, rafting, jungle tours, big cat rehabilitation center, hot springs and pacific beach end of the tour wind down day for surfing, and more…)
- Lodging in all 3 star hotels at multiple locations throughout the program.
- $50,000 insurance including $5,000 of In-country Medical Insurance.
- Exclusive Membership to the EartH2O Alumni & Co. Network