SPRING BREAK 9-DAYS
The condensed format of the 9-Day Spring Break Waters program allows attendees to interact with a living classroom and the cutting-edge technology of commercial scale water works during a shorter stay. Learn to evaluate the merits of as sustainable waste water management, hydroelectric, and rainwater recovery projects. This top to bottom watershed tour is complimented by discussions with rainwater recovery system designers for Costa Rican Government rainwater recovery initiatives. This program delivers an overview of human water consumption patterns, agricultural use, energy production and waste water treatment in 9 and 12 days sessions. All equaling to 52 contact hours of experiential education and 2 transferable academic credits.
MARCH 12-20, 2017Deadline June 1
Arriving Airport: San Juan, Costa Rica
Culture: Latin Americas most highly educated and healthy population fully supportive of native English speakers.
Program Style: Well fed, comfortably housing, fast-paced, service learning, powerhouse Capstone project all culminating into endless summer beach fun.
Physical Level: High
Duration: 9 days
Program Fee: Negotiable
- Electronic delivery of a pre-program on-line modules that bring our diverse student body up to speed on vocabulary and fundamental concepts before even arriving.
- Formal lectures from commercial scale renewable energy industry leaders and educators.
- Tours and hands on access to billions of dollars worth of Costa Rica’s commercial scale Hydro, Wind, Biomass, Geothermal and Solar electricity plants serving CR’s 90% renewable national electric grid serving almost 5,000,000 citizens.
- Additional visits to Biofuel production facility’s, off grid homes and sustainable food related projects.
- Participation in an impactful community service project at a Costa Rican Ministry of Education facility (900,000+ enrolled students as of 2014 or almost ¼ of the population)
- Post Program Letters of Recommendation.
- 2 transferable academic credits from the Universidad Centro Americana de la Sciencias
- Capstone Project Facilitation culminating in an evening gala where public presentations are presented to attendees and invited guests.
- All the famous Adventure Excursions of Costa Rica (Zip lines, rafting, jungle tours, big cat rehabilitation center, hot springs and pacific beach end of the tour wind down day for surfing, and more…)
- All breakfasts, lunches, dinners with local cuisine *We accommodate vegetarian diets.
- Lodging in all 3 star hotels at multiple locations throughout the program.
- All in-country transportation in modern 26-passenger bus with multimedia and AC.
- $50,000 insurance including $5,000 of In-country Medical Insurance.
- Exclusive Membership to the EartH2O Alumni & Co. Network
Attain a clear grasp of cost analyses and environmental impact of renewable energy production facilities in historical, present and future context.
Understand the value of watershed awareness and policy that supports healthy water infrastructure.
Develop a full perspective of sustainable waste water treatment including an overview of technologies, business management and policy.
See critical hands-on experience in rainwater recovery systems design and implementation.
Create leadership, teamwork, and networking skills through adventure excursions and exposure to professional industry relationships.
Excel within a network of like-minded participants who aspire to work and innovate in the field of renewable energy and sustainability.
Acquire a critical global perspective demanded by corporate recruiters today to prepare for accelerated career opportunities.