SUMMER BREAK 12-DAYS
On JUNE 10-21 & AUG 5-AUG 16, 2017 EartH2O’s career propelling, renewable energy programs in Costa Rica delivers hands-on, action packed curriculum in an uber fun environment in the 12-Days Summer Break Energy program. Get up close exposure to commercial scale Hydro, Wind, Biomass, Geothermal, Biofuel, Solar plants and off grid homes. This program immerses attendees in sustainability, commerce, policy and community service in 12 day sessions. All equaling to 52 contact hours of experiential education, 2 transferable academic credits jam packed with friends for life,.
MAY 13-24, 2017
MAY 27-JUNE 7, 2017
JUNE 10-21 &
JUNE 24-JULY 5
JULY 22-AUG 2, 2017
AUG 5-AUG 16, 2017
AUG 19-20 2017
Deadline June 23
Arriving Airport: Liberia,
Culture: Latin Americas most highly educated and healthy population fully supportive of native English speakers.
Program Style: Well fed, comfortably housing, fast-paced, service learning, powerhouse Capstone project all culminating into endless summer beach fun.
Physical Level: High
Duration: 12 days
Program Fee: Negotiable
- Electronic delivery of a pre-program on-line modules that bring our diverse student body up to speed on vocabulary and fundamental concepts before even arriving.
- Formal lectures from commercial scale renewable energy industry leaders and educators.
- Tours and hands on access to billions of dollars worth of Costa Rica’s commercial scale Hydro, Wind, Biomass, Geothermal and Solar electricity plants serving CR’s 90% renewable national electric grid serving almost 5,000,000 citizens.
- Additional visits to Biofuel production facility’s, off grid homes and sustainable food related projects.
- Participation in an impactful community service project at a Costa Rican Ministry of Education facility (900,000+ enrolled students as of 2014 or almost ¼ of the population)
- Post Program Letters of Recommendation.
- 2 transferable academic credits from the Universidad Centro-Americana de la Sciencias
- Capstone Project Facilitation culminating in an evening gala where public presentations are presented to attendees and invited guests.
- All the famous Adventure Excursions of Costa Rica (Zip lines, rafting, jungle tours, big cat rehabilitation center, hot springs and pacific beach end of the tour wind down day for surfing, and more…)
- All breakfasts, lunches, dinners with local cuisine *We accommodate vegetarian diets.
- Lodging in all 3 star hotels at multiple locations throughout the program.
- All in-country transportation in modern 26-passenger bus with multimedia and AC.
- $50,000 insurance including $5,000 of In-country Medical Insurance.
- Exclusive Membership to the EartH2O Alumni & Co. Network